Saturday, December 19, 2009

What not to say to a Farrier

If you will just give each of the dogs a piece of hoof they will get
out from under the horse and quit fighting.

As much as you charge, I should get to use that truck too.

If you get that done in 30 minutes, you'll be making $160. per hour.

That's not the way they did it on that horseshoeing show.

I see who makes all the money in horses - farriers!

My last farrier couldn't finish - they gave me your name and number.

You don't mind if I feed the other horses, do you?

Are you sure you have them on the correct foot?

If he didn't kick like that, I'd trim him myself.

Would you mind trimming my new BLM mustang?

Can we shoe him in the arena? If he rears in the barn, he hits his head.

You sure earned your money on that one!

I forgot you were coming; I just turned all the horses out.

Can you make it after six, or on Sunday, I have to work.

I just cannot believe that he bit you.

I read all about the Natural Way to trim on the internet, and you're supposed to...

Did that hurt?

I know that he is difficult to shoe, but he is so good on the trails.

It doesn't look like he's leaning from here.

Good morning - glad you're here - can we reschedule? I have a lot going on today.

It's so cool that he can balance on just two feet.

Can you shoe him so that he doesn't paw?

Don't tell my husband that I used the grocery money.

Most times when he kicks, he misses!

Just do the hinds - I'll do the fronts.

I left the checkbook in the car, and my wife/husband just left - can you bill me?

I'm sure glad you don't mind working on muddy feet.

Does it mean my horses have some sort of deficiency when they chew

the paint off your truck like that?

This horse does forge, also interferes, and sometimes hits his knees....

we need to keep the price down on this bill.

I got a bargain on these shoes at a rummage sale, could you use them instead and save me some money?

Oops! Wrong horse.

I know I said just a trim, but can we shoe 'em as well?

My weanling colt needs a trim, and I figured you could halter break him at the same time.

I've got a new horse whose feet are in pretty bad shape. The

previous owners said their farrier wouldn't work on him.

I know it's been a long day for you; that's why I saved the worst one for last.

If my other farrier's ribs weren't broken, he'd be able to get shoes on this horse.

It's a good thing you're slow today, or he'd have had shoes on when he kicked your truck.

My grandpa used to shoe horses like you, only he used a sledge and a corn knife.

I don't understand why the shoes didn't stay on. I just had them done 12weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment